Sunday, July 26, 2009

Fembot Aiko

Since my last post was about androids -- and don't worry, readers, I'll keep you updated on more signs of androids, zombies, and witches when I come across them -- I thought I'd share this gem of science with you.



This is a fembot named "Aiko," meaning "loved one" in Japanese. She was built by a Japanese-Canadian named Le Trung, who received his degree from York University and resides in Toronto. He majored in Micro Biology and Analytical Chemistry over eleven years in school, and wrote his thesis on the effects of aspirin. Those are what I call "smart people majors," but take note: these majors have nothing to do with building robots. And yet, he built arguably the most advanced gyroid of our time. Not only did he not major in SciFi Engineering, this dude quit his job and built a gyroid out of his freaking basement. By himself. With, like, no sponsors. Yeah, this was the dude you wanted as your lab partner in high school.

Aiko can identify colors, faces, and objects. She can read and carry a conversation with you because she knows over 13,000 sentences. Moreover, she can distinguish a few tastes of food and drinks, tell you the weather, and solve math. Most importantly, she has the ability to learn.

Here's a list I found at Aiko's website, http://projectaiko.com.

Aiko's future abilities:

1. Facial Expressions
2. Make tea and coffee
3. Feed me sushi
4. Make simple breakfast: eggs and bacon
5. If I lie my head down on Aiko lap, have her clean my ears with a Q-tip.
6. Ability to massage my shoulders and neck.
7. Able to do print and write
8. Clean the windows
9. Dust the shelves
10. Clean my toilet. (I hate cleaning the bathroom, might as well have someone else do it for me)


(Dude, I don't blame you. I'd have Aiko clean my bathroom, too. Also, I like how you want her to feed you sushi. Nothing else. Just sushi.)

In case you were wondering, yes, she has the closest anatomy to a female as possible. No, she's not a sex toy. She's just a personal slave who can make you breakfast and sushi soon.

Here's a great video of Aiko. Her YouTube channel is aibot21.

No comments:

Post a Comment